Looking for something fun to do this holiday season? There are lots of belly dance events going on. While, I may not be dancing at them, I still encourage everyone to join in and support the community. Here’s a list of haflas and special events to keep you busy during the holidays (as if you aren’t busy enough!).
- Dec. 4: Halo Bellydance Presents A Student Holiday Hafla
- Dec. 5: Ninth Street Dance Studio Instructor Showcase. Durham Arts Council, 120 Morris St, Durham, NC. 7:00 p.m. Andalee will be performing with the Nightingales.
- Dec. 11: Hannan Sultan’s student recital
- Dec. 12: Blue Fusion Tribal’s Going Out of Business Sale. World In Motion Dance, Movement & Music Studio 10235-500 Chapel Hill Road, Morrisville, NC, 11:00 am – 2:3o pm. Please bring a canned good.
- Dec. 12: International Star; Samira of Syria. Workshop. North Carolina Institute of Dance, 910 Duraleigh Rd # 101, Raleigh, NC 27612, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Dec 12: Holiday Stars Show & Party featuring Samira of Syria: Raleigh (SOLD OUT)
- Dec. 18: Raks & Relax workshop with Haala
Want to add belly dance items to your Christmas list, but not sure what to include? Here are some great affordable gift ideas:
- Zills aka Sagat aka finger symbols – $20 and up
- Hand dyed 4 yard silk veil – $30 and up
- Hip scarves – $25-75
- Belly dance cane – $15-30
- Instructional or performance DVDs – $20-45
- Belly dance CDs – $10-30
- Belly dance books – $15 and up
- Rhinestone jewelry – $10 and up
- Itunes or Amazon.com gift certificates
- Need more ideas? Check out Andalee’s belly dance wish list.